Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Drink Review: Starbucks Classic Skinny Vanilla Latte

Hiya!

Today I will be doing a review on the Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Latte! I got this drink free today because at Starbucks they give you a free drink or a free food item on your birthday! yay! I was curious about this drink because obviously I have never tried it till today and I was also curious as to what "skinny" means. Here we go!


Where to purchase this drink?- Starbucks Locations


What is a Vanilla Latte?- Starbucks Signature espresso, creamy steamed milk and classic vanilla syrup. 

What does "Skinny" mean?- Beverages made with non-fat milk, sugar-free syrup and no whip

Did you know
Nonfat milk is often referred to as skim milk. The term comes from the process of skimming butterfat from the milk.

Benefits of going "Skinny"- It is healthier all around but still packs tons of flavor and espresso!

Calories in a Skinny Vanilla Latte- 120

First Impression- I got this drink in the "Tall" size just to try it out the first time and that worked for me. I noticed that the cup was not very hot. I took a drink and it was warm but not hot like I thought it would be like. I still really liked it! I took a sip of the foam on top which took my breath away but once you get down to the actual drink I really enjoyed it!

Price- $2.00-$5.00

Size-
 Starbucks has many different sizes for this drink
Hot Drinks

- Tall 12oz
- Grande 16oz
- Venti 20oz



Taste- For a "Skinny" drink that has the skinny features to it I thought the drink packed tons of flavor. I like my coffee a little on the flavor side but this was almost too much for me! I did add 3 packets of Splenda to my drink so I think that is why I found it sweet. Next time I will lay off on the Splenda and maybe do just 1 packet. I could really taste the flavor when I got down to the bottom of the drink. It almost tasted like hot chocolate to be honest! I really did not mind it! When you open the lid you will notice the foam. I had to stir the foam because the taste of foam is not that good :p Overall I really liked the taste of this drink. The "tall" size was perfect for me. Anything more I know would be too much. 

Would I recommend this to a friend?- Yes I would! Very good drink even in the summer when it is hot. 

 Did you know
Vanilla planifolia, the true origin of the vanilla flavor, is indigenous to Mexico where it is pollinated by tiny humming birds and a bee called Melipona.



That's my review!  I will post new reviews for the new drinks I try! Upcoming posts
- Birthday Haul
- Roasted Red Potato Recipe (Easy, Fast and Delicious)
- Easy and Healthy Breakfast that Satisfies the Sweet Tooth
- Starbucks Cold Cup and Ice Cubes

Have a Great Day :)

-Karissa








No comments:

Post a Comment