Sunday, January 12, 2014

15 Minute No Excuses Workout

Hiya!

I seem to be finding myself lacking the motivation to workout lately and to be honest it's driving me crazy! I just came off of Winter Break from school where I ate tons of food and laid on the couch more than I should have. I'm slowly working my way back into the groove of things and my first step was my Detox Water (recipe to follow in later post). I love fitness model Amanda Adams and her philosophy on fitness. She understand that going out with your friends and having a drink, eating that birthday cake, and having pizza on football night is realistic. She helps me find a healthy and balanced way to go about on life and I LOVE THAT! She has this 15 min stair workout that she does when she lacks the motivation to go to the gym. I am going to try this but I want you to try it with me! This workout is taken from her blog. www.amandaadams.com



**Jog in place (or around your living room/kitchen for 2min) Stretch full body for 2min**
20 Body Weight Squats (butt barely touches stair)
Jog in place for 15 sec
10 Jump Squats
REPEAT ONCE
Screen Shot 2013-12-24 at 12.57.17 PM
20 Right Leg Static Lunges  (back leg on stair)
20 Left Leg Static Lunges (back leg on stair)
Jog for 15 sec
10 Split Lunge Jumps
Jog for 15 sec
Screen Shot 2013-12-24 at 12.35.46 PM
10 Elevated Push Ups (feet or knees on stair)
10 Tricep Dips (hands on stair, don’t let butt touch stair)
Quick Feet on stairs for 15 sec
REPEAT ONCE
Screen Shot 2013-12-24 at 1.03.15 PM

Tricep Push Ups (5 pulses, then pause at top, repeat 3x)
10 Jumping Jacks
16 Shoulder Taps (these are quick. Focus on your shoulders)
10 Jumping Jacks
REPEAT ONCE
Screen Shot 2013-12-24 at 1.08.12 PMFinish the workout with two, 30 second rounds of my favorite Ab Exercises and 3 sprints up the stairs (walking down). Then give yourself a high five!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment